May 20, 2022
Message From The Principal's Desk
We are getting closer to the finish line and next week will be an exciting one for Tuscarora Titan Families - the graduation for the Class of 2022. A cast of thousands is working overtime to make sure this is a meaningful, classy and memorable day for everyone. We will continue to put out Find Out First messages daily to Senior Families, so I would ask that you read the details of these last few messages in your FCPS career carefully, as well as the myriad of directions below.
Most importantly, graduates must be at practice PRIOR to 8:00 each day from Monday - Wednesday next week. Graduates should allow time for parking, as the student lot will be full. Presence of seniors at all three rehearsals is MANDATORY.
A parent asked me an insightful question this week: "Mr. Berry, what the most important thing we need to remember about next Thursday?" I had a hard time boiling it down to just one, so here's five:
1. Arrive early. The parking lot opens at 8:00am, the arena open at 9:00am. What's the worst that happens? You arrive extra early, sit in your car for a bit, or in the stands? If you arrive after 9:30, you will undoubtedly be in a backup to get onto the lot, and you will walk a great distance to get to PNC Arena
2. Do not forget the tickets! They are not just keepsakes - you have to have a ticket to get into PNC Arena, NO EXCEPTIONS! The graduate does not need a ticket.
3. Designate a spot to meet your graduate after the ceremony. Graduates are going to be recessing into the rec center adjacent to the arena seating area. Parents will not be allowed in the rec center. Find a good spot outside, away from PNC Arena to reunite with your graduate. There are so many areas outside that are suitable for pictures.
4. Be patient. Whether you are waiting to park, waiting to get through the doors of the arena, waiting for the ceremony to start, waiting to exit, there is one truth... everyone else is in the same boat. Your Tuscarora Staff is doing everything in its power to make this a tremendous day. Take a deep breath, and please extend grace to those around you.
5. Enjoy the day. It is a day we've all anticipated for 13 years or more. It is meant to not be rushed and just plain savored. This is a day of joy, excitement, laughter and Titan Pride. I can't wait to enjoy this moment with the graduates and their families.
Here's to the Class of 2022!
Looking Ahead - The Weekly Calendar
Keeping You Informed - School News
Graduation Day - Virtual Day for Underclassmen
Congratulations, Commendations & Kudos
Internships, Scholarships, Service & Job Opps
Senior Class of 2022
THS Senior Website: Seniors 2022
Twitter Account: tuscarorahs22
Senior Class Advisors: Judith Jorgensen, Carrie Palmer, & Aaron Miles
News From the Titan Media Center
PTSA and Titan Booster Organization
5312 Ballenger Creek Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
240-236-6400 - Phone
240-236-6401 - Facsimile