Frederick County Public Schools - Food and Nutrition Services is now interviewing for the 2017-18 school year!
We are hiring non-benefited Food Service Workers for our school cafeterias.
Typical shifts are 3 hours per work day and pay at our new rate of $12.50 per hour.
Are you a parent looking for a job that works around your child's school schedule? We follow the posted FCPS calendar, so you're off when the children are off! No nights or weekends.
Are you a retiree, someone re-entering the workforce, someone interested in supplementing your income or just someone who wants to work for the school system?
Working in our school cafeterias could be just what you're looking for!
Please complete your online application today: Go to www.fcps.org and see "Career Opportunities" or use this link to go directly to the application system:
https://www.applitrack.com/fcps/OnlineApp/default.aspx?Category=Support+Staff and apply for Job # 3066 Food Service Non-Benefited Worker.
We look forward to meeting you and hope to welcome you to Frederick County Public Schools!
Food Service Worker - Job Description
• Ability to read and write equivalent to a 10th grade educational level.
• Demonstration of required physical abilities: Consistently lift a minimum of 40 lbs., extensive bending and standing.
• Ability to multi-task and service customers under any conditions.
• Ability to follow HACCP guidelines for safe and sanitary food handling from receiving to service.
• Ability to practice standard sanitation procedures for care and cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
• Ability to learn standard school food and nutrition service operations.
• Ability to gather necessary menu items, recipe ingredients and supplies.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and under pressure situations.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate to meet the needs of all customers: students, school staff and community.
• Basic human relations skills needed to work cooperatively in close proximity with others under constant deadlines.
• Ability to perform work requiring sustained moderate physical effort, movement of objects weighing 40-60 lbs., operation of commercial food service equipment, continuous standing and extreme variations in temperature.
• Capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Preferred (not required) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A clean driver's record with no more than two (2) points within the last two (2) years.
• Ability to read, write and do general business math.
• One year (1) previous experience as a Food and Nutrition Service Worker.
• Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
This employee prepares a variety of foods, serves, cleans up, and performs administrative tasks.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour.
Please contact Susan Schwerer ( email@example.com or 301-644-5067) with any questions regarding positions in Food and Nutrition Services or assistance with application questions.